The mission of DeKalb CUSD 428 is to educate our students to reach their potential while preparing them to contribute to a global society.
We believe . . .
- that technology can help create positive learning experiences for our students.
- that the district can employ technology to provide a variety of new ways to learn to foster 21st century skills.
- that students and staff should be digital citizens and positive leaders.
- that students should have equal access to technology tools and resources to be actively engaged in learning opportunities.
- that students need differentiated and personalized learning opportunities.
- that communication between home and school can be enhanced with technology tools.
- that teachers should have access to high quality professional development and support.
- that each classroom should have a standard degree of technology equipment to improve student, family, and school engagement through technology.
- that technology can extend learning outside of the classroom and beyond the school day.
Educational Initiatives Leading to 1:1
- Common Core Standards
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- 21st Century Learning
- National Education Technology Standards (NETS) for Students
- SAMR Model
To be consistent with our Mission Statement, DeKalb CUSD428 has an obligation to prepare students for an ever-changing world, that sees technological advancements happening at a rapid rate. We believe that every student has a right to an education that prepares them for further education and future employment, and develops the skills that they must have as citizens of the 21st Century: creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.